Friday, May 16, 2008

Finding Vincent

This is an oil painting on pvc panel (26 X 34) I finished a couple of years ago but have never shown outside of my studio (until now). I had always admired the dynamics in the very famous "Starry Night" by Vincent Van Gogh and wanted to try something inspired by his painting but with a Kansas connection. Since it has so many elements of the famous Van Gogh painting in it I would never sell it as an original work so it will always hang in my studio as inspiration. I call it "Finding Vincent."

Comments??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have always liked this one.

Phillip Butler said...

Rather than just a simple reproduction of a Van Gogh painting, you have truly depicted the essence of Vincent in this work. It shows his many facets as painter and student of humanity. It also reveals something of your own personality. Perhaps a love for color and light, and for shapes that are symbolic of something within yourself; a view of the world that transcends the perception of normal sight as we know it. An inner view that can only be described as "impressionism."