Monday, February 25, 2008

Max Phillippi Portrait of a Dog



This is a small painting I did for fun a few months ago. "Max Phillippi" is a portrait of the neighbors dog I did as a birthday present for Dan Phillippi. Dogs present some unusual problems when painting their portraits. You really have to work from a good photo and try to make them seem animated. While this was a fun portrait to work on, I don't think I would like to paint animal portraits exclusively. But it was fun.

Better weather today. I think I will take the Beagles for a walk later. Perhaps by the river.

1 comment:

Rene said...

You'd have to be a friggin' saint to want to paint animal portraits exclusively, and patient to boot! But I think the spirit of this dog is captured well in the painting. I'm sure his "person" was very pleased.